Breakfast is a drag. I run out of ideas very quickly and she gets tired of things even faster. I eat eggs and avocados daily- both of which are off limits to little miss allergy baby. So… Off to experiment I go! I have made these a few times and have not had luck. They either end up too mushy, too bland or just plain terrible! But I seem to have found a good combination that she loves. I guess when she eats three in a sitting I can call it a win! 🐷🐷
Click here for hazel’s story!
2 large apples (or about 1/2 cup of applesauce)
1.5 cups oats (gluten free if needed)
1/4 cup quiona
1/2 cup dried fruit (I used cranberries)
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon ground flax+ 3 tablespoons of water to sub for an egg
Cinnamon- just sprinkle some in there. 🙂
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1 cup of non dairy milk- if too dry add more.
Tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- If making applesauce, do this first. (Simply peel and chunk apples. Using the stove top cook until soft, add cinnamon. Purée.)
- Make the ‘egg’ and set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl giving the flax seed time to form to an egg like substance.
- Add the flax
- Scoop into lined muffin tins
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
For the leftover applesauce I put it in reusable squeezes! I use Little Green Pouch.